If your android phone is running out of storage and you don’t want to delete important apps and files? Then you need to find unwanted or unimportant data to delete on your mobile phone. Cached data is the first thing to clear from your device to get some storage space on your mobile device. In this article we provide you complete details on what is cached data, how to clear cache in android mobile and when do you want to clear cached data on your android smartphone?
What is Cached Data?
Cached data is a information that is stored from a website you visit or app you use on your device. If you visit any website or forum some information related to that website is stored on your device. When you again visit that website it loads faster and shows the already saved data related to that particular website. Where as in apps or games it saves the basic settings and information which you use for that app or game. Finally cached data helps you to get information faster by loading already saved data and makes you to get instant results.
Sometimes cached data is more helpful when you want to get instant results, and it becomes the main problem when your mobile doesn’t have sufficient storage space. So you need to know exactly when do you want to keep cached data and when do you want to clear cache in android phone. To make things easy we are also providing you when you want to clear cache in android smartphone.
Also read -> how to download videos from hotstar
When Do You Want to Clear Cache in Android Mobile?
There are some cases where you want to clear cached data in your android device. Some of the main causes are listed below.
- When you don’t have enough store and want to clear unwanted data on your smartphone, then best way to free up storage is by clearing cached data.
- If a particular website you frequently visit is showing the same old content instead of new one, then in such cases you need to clear cache of your mobile browser to get new information on that particular website.
- Any app which you are using is misbehaving or you want to get back into default settings then you need to clear app cache to get default setting of the app.
Now you know when to keep cached data and when do you want to clear cache in android device. It’s time to move onto how to clear cache in android mobile. You can clear cache of all apps or some specific app based on your requirement. We mentioned both cases and choose the one that you need based on your phone requirements.
How To Clear Cache in Android Phone Completely?
If you want to clear cache of all apps on your android phone, then here we are providing simple steps you need to follow to clear cache of all apps on your smartphone.
- First open settings menu in your android phone or tablet and scroll down to storage tab and click on it.
- After opening the storage tab find cached data option.
- Once you click on cached data, a pop-up windows will open for the confirmation to clear cached data.
- Just click on OK button to completely delete all apps cached data.
After you delete all apps cached data, all the apps change to their default settings and you need to give login details to use your social media apps.
How To Clear Cached Data For Specific App Only?
While clearing cached data for all apps gives more storage space, you may lose some important information like login details and passwords etc. Without losing these details you can clear specific app from your android device which is not behaving properly. To clear cached data for specific app simply follow the below steps.
- Open settings menu on your android phone or tablet and go to apps tab.
- Open the apps and find the app you want to clear cached data.
- Now click on particular app and find clear cache option below.
- Tap on clear cache option to delete cached data of the app you want to clear.
That’s it. With this information you are now able to know what is cached data and how to clear cache in android phone or tablet. If you have any queries or doubts regarding this article feel free to contact us. And also share this information with your friends on social media.